NVR Inc. (NYSE:NVR), one of the nation's largest homebuilding and mortgage banking companies, announced net income for its third quarter ended September 30, 2011 of $43,409,000, $7.98 per diluted share. Net income decreased 1% and diluted earnings per share increased 9% for its third quarter ended September 30, 2011 when compared to the 2010 third quarter. Consolidated revenues for the third quarter of 2011 totaled $707,476,000, a 5% increase from $676,169,000 for the comparable 2010 quarter. For the nine months ended September 30, 2011, consolidated revenues were $1,917,861,000, 14% lower than the $2,230,887,000 reported for the same period of 2010. Net income for the nine months ended September 30, 2011 was $97,028,000, a decrease of 34% when compared to the nine months ended September 30, 2010. Diluted earnings per share for the nine months ended September 30, 2011 was $16.75, a decrease of 29% from $23.49 per diluted share for the comparable period of 2010.
Read full article and disclaimer at: http://pennygovernance.com/?p=16989