Resource depletion, climate change and rising oil prices have led to large investments in renewable energy and new fossil fuel extraction techniques. However despite the positive headlines on solar, wind, and shale, all of these sectors are beset with problems that add to our uncertain energy future. We appear to be decades away from finding a renewable source that will help us avoid the impending energy crisis.
Yet amongst this bleak outlook a relatively unknown Italian inventor could be about to spark an energy revolution?
Andrea Rossi appears to have produced the first working “cold” fusion device, or low energy nuclear reaction (LENR), with his Energy Catalyser (E-Cat) machine; a technology previously declared impossible by the scientific community.
The E-Cat machine could provide almost limitless, clean, cheap energy. It could prove to be one of the greatest inventions of all time. Rossi could become one of the most revolutionary scientists since Darwin.
Notoriously reluctant to speak to the media about his work, we have had the honour of interviewing Mr. Andrea Rossi about his E-Cat machine.
Some of the questions we asked Mr. Rossi take a look at:
• Why it took so long for him to go public with his discovery.
• How the E-Cat will produce energy costing $10/megawatt hour.
• When he will release more detailed information on the E-Cat.
• Why he believes international media coverage of the E-Cat has been so muted.
• His feelings towards critics and the scientific community.
• His manufacturing and distribution goals.
• How the E-cat will help reduce mankind’s dependency on fossil fuels.
• + Many more details on the e-cat, LENR and Rossi himself.
Oilprice.com: What exactly is the E-Cat and how does it work?
Andrea Rossi: The E-Cat machine is basically a heater. It uses a secret catalyser to fuse hydrogen and nickel together to form copper. Copper has a lower energy state than Nickel, and the excess
energy is released in the form of a gamma ray. The gamma ray hits a wall of lead where it is absorbed and transformed into heat. The whole process is incredibly efficient and can heat any fluid that passes through the machine.
Full article at: >The Limitless Potential of the E-Cat: An Interview with Andrea Rossi